Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Service Learning

Service Learning is an exciting teaching and learning strategy that joins together meaningful community service with a profitable learning experience. It also offers a hands-on approach to education through universities, colleges, and schools. Service learning combines service and learning objectives with the intent to show a change, not just in the recipient and the provider of the service, but also in the community. I personally chose Genesee County Humane Society (GCHS) for my Service Learning Project because of my love, passion and dedication for animals. Providing a safe, loving and warm place for an animal to lay it’s head at night, giving it two meals a day and providing nourishment will give a stray dog or cat hope. Because the GCHS is a non-profit organization which relies on the community for donations, they need our support. According to my source, GCHS receives more than enough dry pet food but are still in need of wet dog and cat food. My proposal is to have a dog toy and canned pet food drive on December 5th 2009 between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. My only concern with this project is that no one will donate to this wonderful cause.
I have contacted the proper person to gather my information that is needed to continue with my project. She is on board and is willing to help in any way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment